2024-2025 Senior Promotion Timeline
Declarations of interest are due on March 22, 2024.
Initial dossiers for committee review are due on July 2, 2024.
Final dossiers are due on September 23, 2024.
Promotion to the rank of Associate or Full Professor recognizes faculty members who have demonstrated sustained excellence in specific aspects of the academic mission. Candidates for Associate Professor must be able to demonstrate the impact of their scholarship at a national level. Candidates for Full Professor must be able to demonstrate the impact of their scholarship at an international level.
Candidates must declare an area of Excellence in either Creative Professional Activity (CPA), Research, or Teaching. Competence in Teaching is required for all candidates going forward on Excellence in CPA or Research. Candidates propose their own pathways, and the Department Promotions Committee will confirm or suggest another path as advisable. You can learn more about promotion pathways by watching our Pathway to Promotions Workshop Recording
Steps to apply for Senior Promotion
- Declare your intent to apply by March 22, 2024. Candidates interested in being considered must submit the following documents with their declaration:
- Detailed letter of intent, addressed to Dr. Michael Patlas, Chair, and indicating your promotions pathway and a brief overview of the impact your scholarship has made at a national (for Associate) OR international level (Full Professor)
- Current CV (in WebCV format)
- Name the files in the following format LAST NAME, First Name_DOC TYPE (example “PATLAS, Michael_CV”)
- Submit to email@example.com
- All candidates are encouraged to meet with the Department Chair to discuss your application prior to submitting your declaration.
- The Promotions Committee will provide its final recommendations to candidates by early August.
Final dossier is to be submitted by September 23, 2024.
All candidates considering Senior Promotion are highly encouraged to review the Academic Promotions Manual, an excellent resource that outlines the requirements.
The WebCV format is required and is available at this link: WebCV template (.docx)
Required documentation templates are available from the Temerty Faculty of Medicine.
If you have any questions regarding the senior promotions process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department Promotions Committee 2023-2024
|Michael Patlas||Department Chair/Professor||JDMI|
|Aditya Bharatha||Associate Professor||St. Michael's Hospital/Unity Health|
|Govind Chavhan||Professor||The Hospital for Sick Children|
|Kate Hanneman||Associate Professor||JDMI|
|Farzad Khalvati||Associate Professor||The Hospital for Sick Children|
|Supriya Kulkarni||Associate Professor||JDMI|
|Alan Moody||Professor||Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre|
|Prakash Muthusami||Associate Professor||The Hospital for Sick Children|
|Linda Probyn||Associate Professor||Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre|