Guidelines for Junior Promotion from Lecturer to Assistant Professor
Fall 2022 - Deadlines
Expression of Intent - Closed
Submission of Complete Application Package - Closed
The Department of Medical Imaging accepts applications for promotion to Assistant Professor from qualified candidates based on advanced education or sustained commitment to the academic mission twice per academic year, in the spring and fall.
Prior to initiating your request for promotion to the rank of Assistant Professor, you should meet with the Department of Medical Imaging Chair to discuss your eligibility for promotion. These meetings are scheduled by the department as part of the call for interest.
- Candidate’s detailed letter of request for consideration for promotion addressed to the Department Chair. The letter must state under which category the candidate should be evaluated.
- Candidate’s letter of support from their Hospital Radiologist-in-Chief.
- Candidate’s letter of support from their University Division Director. Go to the Division Section to find more information.
- Two additional letters of support, either internal or external that attest to the candidate’s academic activities (i.e. teaching, research and/or creative professional activity).
- Candidate’s initial or updated U of T Academic Position Description
- Candidate’s initial U of T Academic Appointment letter.
- Candidate’s updated Curriculum Vitae in WebCV format. You can access the WebCV template at the following link: WebCV template (.docx)
- A Teaching Dossier, including teaching scores and evaluations. For information on the components of a teaching dossier, please see Appendix B (pp. 17-18) of the FAAC Manual
- A CPA Dossier (if applicable)
- Note: Candidates who hold additional appointments in Departments other than Medical Imaging should also submit a letter from the cross-appointing Chief, Chair or Dean in support of their promotion.
Electronic Copy Submission – Instructions for uploading to Laserfiche
- All documents are to be submitted via the Clinical Appointments & MD Promotions from Lecturer to Assistant Professor online Application Form
- Complete the information requested on the Application form that appears. For the Question – What type of University appointment are you applying for? SELECT – Promotion from Lecturer to Assistant Professor
- Attach all relevant required documents in the appropriate area for Uploading files. Please be sure to name your attachment(s) with the appropriate document name, prefaced by your last name, i.e., Smith_RIC_Letter_of_Support, Smith_Updated CV, etc.