Continuing Professional Development is a collaborative program as it intersects with multiple areas within the departments including, but not limited to, education, research, CPI, and OnSIDE.
Ultimately our goal is to enable our faculty to develop a greater sense of personal and public achievement throughout their professional academic career.
The main work of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) portfolio is to:
- Support the work of our colleagues to achieve professional excellence.
- Provide continuing professional development for our community.
- Build an administrative structure to support mentorship and sponsorship.
- Enhance transparency and accessibility of promotion pathways.
- Engage with diverse goals and aspirations as part of CPD
- Enhance connections with communities external to the Department of Medical Imaging both at the University of Toronto and external academic communities.
We have worked on the following endeavors in the past 2 years:
- Developed terms of reference document for CPD.
- Distributed a faculty survey on CPD and mentorship whose results will be shared later this year.
- Developed and instituted a software mentorship program titled MentorUofT.
- Engage in the Awards Committee with the goal of increasing the number, diversity, and visibility of awards within the department.
- Actively promote a culture of job satisfaction and public acknowledgment of the great work our colleagues are performing, based on a background of diverse pathways and goals. As Steve Jobs stated, “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work.”