Eligibilty & Application
2024-2025 academic year
Applications are now closed.
- Must be proficient in both written and spoken English
- Completed an accredited Radiology training program
- Certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Diagnostic Imaging or American Board of Radiology certified/eligible or certified with equivalent qualifications
The below items must be submitted in PDF format via the online application system by the deadline indicated above. Candidates may apply to up to 3 programs using 1 application form.
An application is not complete until all references letters have been received by the program; incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Candidate Letter (Addressed to Program Director)
- Proof of Certification
- Three Reference Letters (Addressed to Dr. Mini Pakkal; one letter must be from Radiology Residency Program Director
- Reference letters must be submitted by the referee to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline indicated above
- The subject line of the email must be "Application Reference Letter_Reference Number" (eg. Application Reference Letter: 2134)
- The name of the file must be "Reference Number_Dr. Applicant Name_Referee_Dr. Referee Name.pdf" (eg. 2134_Dr. John Murmani_Referee_Dr. Jane Casja.pdf)
- All letters must be signed, include credentials, contact information of referee and be on institutional letterhead
- Once an application webform is completed your referees will automatically receive emails requesting references
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all reference letters are received by the Department of Medical Imaging administrative office. Referees will not be contacted by the Department for the purpose of requesting these letters.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for further information.
Pediatric Radiology Fellowships: apply directly to The Hospital for Sick Children. For more information, please visit Pediatric Radiology Fellowship webpage.
If you have also applied to the U.S match through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP), please be advised that the University of Toronto is a participating institution and adheres to the match policy, found on the NRMP website.
Applications will be reviewed by the Fellowship Selection Committee. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview between August to December after they submit their applications.
Candidates applying to the following programs are required to submit site ranking preferences to their interview contact. This information will be used during the final selection process to match candidates and sites appropriately. It will be assumed that candidates not providing rankings have no site preferences.
- Abdominal Imaging
- Cardiothoracic Imaging
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Women's Imaging