Over the last year since the launch of the Departmental strategic plan a number of the major programs within the plan have slowly been taking shape. One of these is the Research goal of enhancing and supporting the departmental research structure and imaging research faculty to undertake research innovation, translation and mentoring.
One of the first aims was to strike a Research committee within the department which will aid in research strategic planning. Membership of the committee has been drawn from across the department and this is still a work in progress. Significant input will come from the leaders of the research groups for which there were calls for expressions of interest over the last year.
The Research Groups and the Associate vice-chairs and Directors heading them are as follows:
- Brain Nerve Spine -
- Heart Lung Vessel - Dr. Bernd Wintersperger
- Growth Development Neoplasia -
- Injury Repair Inflammation – Dr. Andrea Doria
- Innovation Translation Attrition – Dr. Naomi Matsuura
- Radiomics/Quantification Imaging - Dr. Masoom Haider
The groups serve a number of functions including: