Supervisor: Dr. Andrew Common
St. Michael’s Hospital is a 600-bed downtown trauma centre. Long recognized for teaching excellence, we offer a single fellowship position with high-volume hands-on experience in vascular and non-vascular intervention and the benefits of excellent working relationships with other specialties, particularly vascular surgery, nephrology, urology, and cardiology. Graded supervision by 3 staff interventionalists is provided.
Vascular work includes:
- Peripheral vascular intervention, including angioplasty, stenting, and thrombolysis
- EVAR/endoleak management and combined surgical/endovascular procedures in the OR
- Embolization for trauma, GI bleeding, PAVMs, uterine fibroids, varicoceles, pelvic congestion
- AV Fistulae/Graft assessment and intervention: plasty, stenting, lysis, side-branch embolization
- Central Venous Access: dialysis lines, Hickmans, ports, PICCs
- Venous Sampling: renal, adrenal, parathyroid
- IVC Filter insertion and removal
- Mesenteric and Renal angioplasty, stenting, and embolization
- Thrombin ablation of Pseudoaneurysms
Non-Vascular Work includes:
- Cryoablation for Renal Cell Tumours
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy, Ureteric Stenting
- Biliary Drainage and Stenting. Cholecystostomy and Stone Extraction
- Gastrostomy, Gastrojeunostomy, and Cecostomy tube management
- Abscess Drainage: percutaneous and endocavitary. Pleural/peritoneal drainage
- Biopsies: lung, liver, kidney, nodes
- Fallopian Tube Recanalization
- Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter insertion/removal
- Two new Philips Allura Clarity Xper FD 20 units are dedicated to body intervention alone.
Vascular CTA may be read by our fellow as time and interest allow.