Academic Promotion is based on a candidate’s accomplishments in the following four areas:
- Creative Professional Activity (CPA)
- Teaching & Education
- Administrative Service
There should be at least one area of excellence. Promotion requests are generated by you as an academic faculty member in conjunction with your Radiologist-in-Chief. If you are uncertain whether it is an appropriate time to be considered for promotion, please contact your Chief or Dr. Moody.
STEP 1: Preliminary Consideration of Applications
If you would like to be considered for promotion, submit the following as your application:
- Detailed Letter of Intent addressed to Dr. Alan Moody, Chair of the Medical Imaging Promotions Committee, stating you would like to be considered for promotion in 2014-15 to the rank of X and outlining what specifically qualifies you, in your opinion, for this promotion.
- Letter of Support from your Chief;
- Copy of your CV (must be in Web-CV format).
All above items should be sent electronically to email@example.com prior to the deadline. The Departmental Promotions Committee will review all applications submitted to identify those for further consideration.
STEP 2: Preparation of Promotions Dossier
If the Promotions Committee agrees your application should go forward, you will be notified in writing to prepare and submit an electronic copy of the materials necessary for your Promotions Dossier (including the 4 completed data summary tables) by no later than end of August.
Promotions dossiers now contain a section for each of the four areas of accomplishment listed above (research, creative professional activity, teaching & education and administrative service).
The new Promotions Manual outlines what needs to be submitted for research, CPA, teaching and administrative service. Completed data summary forms also must be submitted along with your dossier by mid-August:
- Table 3 - Research Awards
- Table 4 - Research Supervision
- Table 5 - Refereed Publications
- Table 7 - Teaching
Items to prepare are:
- 4 Data Summary Tables (completed)
- A list of the names and contact information for 3 external referees, 3 internal referee and 3 student referees for the Committee to contact
- A Research Statement (1 page) and Research Dossier (5-12 pages)
- Copies of your 5 most significant research papers
- CPA Dossier (if applicable) (1-15 pages)
- Teaching & Education Dossier (1-10 pages)
- Administrative Services Dossier (if applicable) (1-12 pages)