Dr. Peter Som
Professor of Radiology, Otolaryngology and Radiation Oncology
Ichan Siani School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York
Dr. Peter Som graduated with honors from the University of Wisconsin. He then attended New York University Medical School which was followed by a medical internship and a radiology residency at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. He spent two years in the Army as a Major and then he joined the faculty at Mount Sinai Medical Center. He is currently a Professor of Radiology, Otolaryngology, and Radiation Oncology at the Ichan Sinai School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York.
Dr. Som is known as one of the leading figures of current day Head and Neck Imaging. He has authored over 430 peer reviewed articles, requested articles, and chapters. His book Head and Neck Imaging, is now in its fifth edition, and is considered the definitive text on this subject. He has also been chief editor of two ACR syllabi on Head and Neck Imaging, several Syllabi for RSNA special courses on Head and Neck Imaging, and a Radiographic Clinics of North America on MRI of the Head and Neck.
Dr. Som is a highly sought after lecturer, and he has lectured at over 500 course both nationally and internationally. He has been teaching refresher courses at the RSNA for many years. He was one of the founding members of the American Society of Head and Neck Radiology, was this society’s President, and he received that society's Gold Medal in 2004.
He has been awarded the Excellence in Academics Award and the Jacobi Medal from Mount Sinai Medical Center and he has been selected as the Teacher of the Year in Radiology and Otolaryngology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Radiology and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine amongst many other honors.
He is married to Judy Som, he has a daughter Jamie and two grandsons Ethan and Oliver.
Tuesday August 22, 2017; Mount Sinai Hospital, 18th Floor Auditorium
- 8:00 am – 9:00am: Unknown cases for fellows
- 9:05-10:00: The Paranasal Sinuses
- 10:05am –11:00: Fibroosseous Lesions of the Face and Skull
- 11:05am-12:00pm The Major Salivary Glands
- 12:00 pm -1:00 pm: Lunch, informal chat with fellows and faculty
- 1:00 pm -2:00 pm: Unknown cases for fellows
- 2:15 pm -3:00pm The Parapharyngeal and Masticator Spaces
- 3:00pm-4:00 pm: The Post Treatment Neck
Wednesday August 23, 2017; Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Jenkin Lecture Hall TB21
- 9:00 -10:00 am: Oral Cavity and Adjacent Lesions
- 10:05-11:00 am: Fellow Show Cases
- 11:00 -12:00 pm: Cervical Lymph Nodes