The course is a focused review and update of MRI of the musculoskeletal system. There is an emphasis on sports-related musculoskeletal injury, as well as more challenging areas such as post-operative imaging.
At the end of this event, participants should be able to:
• Identify and discuss important features relevant to the diagnosis and evaluation of musculoskeletal disease processes
• Describe how the underlying pathologies of shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle contribute to its imaging characteristics
• Identify the normal appearances of important anatomic structures on MR imaging of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle
• Evaluate important MR imaging features of tendon and labral injuries and their clinical implications
• Detect common abnormalities of frequently injured tendons, ligaments and chondral structures on MR imaging
» The CanMed roles being addressed in the course are Medical Expert and Scholar