For Canadians currently in residency training in Ontario
A medical trainee from one of the other five Ontario medical schools who wishes to take an elective under the supervision of a University of Toronto postgraduate program director/training program must submit the following documentation through the University of Toronto program to the Toronto PGME Office:
- Written permission from Toronto program director agreeing to the elective – for the list of program directors, click here.
- Written permission from current program director at the home university
- Date of birth, Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Complete immunization record
- Proof of registration with the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
Note: PGME Office will access certification of MD and PG license data through CPSO website.
Once the PGME Office receives the required documents from the University of Toronto postgraduate program, a Letter of Appointment (LOA) will be issued to the resident. This letter must be signed by the resident and returned to the PGME Office. A copy will be forwarded to the CPSO.
Along with the LOA, the resident will receive a PIN/password letter. Using the PIN/Password, the resident will be able to register on-line at the PGME website, and print off his/her Confirmation of Registration form – provided all the information noted above (1-5) has been received. The Confirmation of Registration form will allow the trainee to register at the appropriate hospital Credentials/Medical Education Office in Toronto and access library services.